So I told you how much I LOVE kale chips, right? After making the easiest kale chips you could make last week, this week I decided to make this Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips.
I feel so good as a mom feeding my kids this healthy snack. Aside from the kale which is really good for you, these chips also contain nuts, veggies, citrus and nutritional yeast. I would say this is probably the healthiest snack you could eat.
These crunchy chips will keep in an airtight container for a week. When I make these, I always double the recipe so I have healthy snacks ready when called upon.
When I made these homemade kale chips, I actually deviated from the recipe just a little. I doubled the recipe and was short 1/4 cup of cashews, so I topped it off with some walnuts. Also, I didn’t have any red peppers so I used yellow peppers instead. Both substitutes tasted the same as the original recipe.
Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips Recipe
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
How To Make Vegan Kale Chips
- Soak cashews in water for about 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Trim the stems from the kale leafs and cut each leaf into chip-size pieces. Put into a salad spinner and spin dry. (chips must be completely dry otherwise the cashew mixture won’t stick to the leaves)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Blend drained cashews, red pepper, garlic, soy sauce, oil, nutritional yeast and lemon in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine kale and cashew paste, making sure kale is evenly coated.
- Place kale pieces in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheets. Make sure pieces do not overlap.
- Bake for 20 minutes. After this time, take the kale out of the oven and turn the chips over.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until chips are crunchy and dry. Chips are ready when they don’t feel chewy or moist.
If you like this recipe, you might also like this Roasted BBQ Chick Peas recipe.