Have I ever told you how much I love handmade gifts? Especially gifts my kids made?
For this Mother’s Day, I don’t want anything store bought.
Instead, I would love a vase of handpicked flowers from the garden along with a drawing or a little note from the kids.
Back in February for Valentine’s Day, I folded a bunch of origami hearts with hand written notes inside them and hide them all over the house for Elle to find.
I think it would be fun to receive a couple of these myself for Mother’s Day, don’t you think?
This is a really great gift for Dad’s to make with the kids since it takes 5 minutes to make and only requires a printer, paper and a pen. And, I made a video to show you how to fold an origami heart. It can’t get any easier than this.
If you’re a mom reading this, forward this post to your husband and they’ll get the hint (hopefully).
If you’re a Dad and reading this, here is what you’ll need to do
- Pop in your email address below to download the paper to fold the hearts
- Printout and cut along the line.
- Have your children write a sweet message or draw something special on the back of the paper. (see below for message prompts)
- Follow the video below to fold the paper into hearts.
- Hide them around the house for Mom to find.
Don’t know what to write or draw in the heart? Here are some ideas to ask your children.
- Why do you love Mommy?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy?
- Draw a picture of you and Mommy doing something special.
- If Mommy has super powers, what would it be?
- If you could have 1 wish for Mommy that would come true, what would it be?
Moms, if you would like these Mother’s Day gifts from your kids, make sure you forward this to your husbands.
ps – John, this post is really for you. Hint hint =)